Bludgeoned at War!!





Now I retire in a museum. In the front white window, bordered by barrier for visitors. Here I am, historical relics which is now seen by the younger generation. I was kept intact at the Police Museum, Blok M. On the white table, with paper as my identity, just like the ID cards of the taxi drivers. I am  rusty, traces of blood could I forget. My magazines are empty, loaded, no bullets, just blank. Just as well each day, visitors looking at me. Bulging to read, maybe they  amazed at the twists of my rustys, or just simply amazed with the designs. Well I do not know but clearly this is me, a little short story about my life is now rusty, the Bren MK 2.
At that tense atmosphere, the night blanketed the day.. Let alone to come up with very bright yellow color, the day enveloped by the night. The daytime looks confused,  the hell was happening in the land of Java. Back then he looked glum. I'm too depressed. I didn't see the big smile from people that time. Let me alone to smile, I see them sad, foot on the head, head on the foot. Everything looks upside down at that time. The riches were killed, who killed a devoted to the rich. Rich hard to eat, let alone the poor, starving style political minefield communist type interference waves. Yes, this is my story when the PKI rebellion of 1948, I am the Bren MK 2, a British rifle of Indonesian police.
I was born in England. The year was 1930, their British Army developed the Czechoslovak ZB vz.26 in Brno, my hometown. Czechoslovak ZB vz.26 was my predecessor, well something like a father and son. My name is derived from the Br No, in the Czech town where VZ Zb. 26 was originally designed, and EN Field, site of the British Royal Small Arms Factory. I was born in 1937. I live with munta and-shell metal casings. I live like a predecessor of the Czech Republic, I operated with the gas. My muzzle measuring 20 inches, as is a 3 step finger and thumb. When I spit out the bullets, up to 400 feet away in front of me. 500 bullets a minute , burning heat in my body from the metal sleeve.

I am a gas-operated weapons, which use the same ammunition with standard .303 British rifle, Lee-Enfield. Propellant gases expelled from the muzzle of the barrel through the muzzle end of the regulator with four quick-adjustment holes of different sizes, intended to adjust the volume of gas for different ambient temperatures (smallest flow at high temperatures, such as the desert summer, the largest at low temperatures, for example winter Arctic). Venting of gas in the piston which in turn breech block is moved. While the handle on the barrel used to grip and remove the hot barrel without risk of burning the hand.

When the second world war, I was generally taken by three gun every pletin. An infantry battalion had a Bren gun at the man who brought supplies. So not many people took the time, probably because of my weight reached 11 kg more, I like fat people who are overweight, but powerful. In the air war, I also can rely on. Each plane is equipped with a Bren, there are counting on to shoot from the air. During the war, I generally only be operated by a crew of soldiers. Although it could be 2 people, with a crew of soldiers again as provider of magazine bullet, a symbol of my food. In general, I dipopoh by bipod mounted, so did not run wild when I spit the bullet out.

In general, I'm considered a light machine gun is effective and reliable, even in North Africa that I reported in a stalemate that often, but kept very clean and free of sand or dirt. It is popular with British forces, which respect to reliability and combat effectiveness. The quality of materials used will generally ensure minimal congestion. When a gun for example, jam or have some foreign object stuck in it, the operator can adjust the four-position gas regulator to feed more gas to the piston increasing the power to operate the mechanism. The barrel needs to be unlocked and slid forward slightly to allow the regulator to be changed. It is even said that all the problems with "lagger" could have been cleared by hitting the gun, turn the regulator, or do both. No wonder it seems many are hitting this when in battle, to avoid jams or foreign objects.

"Post-World War II, the Bren is used by the British Army, and soldiers various Commonwealth countries, in the Korean War, the Malayan Emergency, the Mau Mau uprising and the Indonesia-Malaysia confrontation, in which he chose his successor, belt-fed GPMG, because of its lighter weight. During the Falklands War in 1982, 40 Commando Royal Marines conducted a LMG and a GPMG per section.


When the British Army adopted the 7.62 mm NATO cartridge, the Bren was redesigned to 7.62 mm caliber, equipped with a barrel, new bolt and magazine. It was redesignated as the L4 Light Machine Gun (in various sub-versions) and remained in the service of the British Army into the 1990s. The conical flash hider was replaced by a slot type rifle similar to contemporary L1 and L7 General Purpose Machine Gun. The change from to without a frame and improved cartridge magazine is almost straight-eat enough, and allows the use of mag-framed round 20 of the 7.62 mm L1A1 Self Loading Rifle. 30-round magazine of L4 also comes L1A1 rifle, but the magazine spring is not always strong enough to provide sufficient upward pressure to feed rounds properly, but this had been corrected by stretching the spring clips.


Settlement moved to 5.56 mm NATO cartridge causes Bren/L4 being removed from the list of approved weapons and then withdrawn from service. The fact that Bren gun to keep working for years with so many different countries in so many war says a lot about the quality of basic design.

Bren Mark III and equipment are limited by the Irish Defence Forces Army Reserve, although in almost all units have been replaced with a 7.62 mm FN MAG (GPMG). weapon was popular with the soldiers who fired it (known as Brenners) as a lightweight and durable, and has a reputation for accuracy. What is important to use most of the Bren by Irish troops in the Congo during the 1960s, when the army Bren is the usual standard automatic weapons. "- Wikipedia.org

My journey in Indonesia winding, one of the biggest is the struggle with the Indonesian police. In late October to early December 1945, in Central Java appears communist movement known as "Incident Three Areas", ie in Tegal, Brebes, and Pemalang based in the village of Talang, Tegal regency. The communist-leaning political adventurers managed to gather the masses and trying to seize control of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia by means of violence in three areas. Mass in areas Slawi, Immigration Office, and Brebes  influences, but still in control of Tegal units XVII People's Security Army (TKR XVII). On December 17, 1945 soon after the attack by cleaning TKR XVII Regiment, then the security situation in the three regions is successfully restored.

Yes, I became the perpetrator of history at the time. Joint Police Dwi conceived by a single moment (Soekarno-Hatta) align dengaan in Indonesia under the auspices of the National Army Forces. Well by the PKI own proposal, which we opposed at the time.And now , my fate? Easy, just go back to paragraph one ... but certainly, may they never forget me.