Yogyakarta's Kareta Museum

Yogyakarta city synonymous with banyaka things: batik, tricycles, gamelan, warm, bakpia, cakes kipo from Kota Gede, wedang round, pecel catfish, wedang uwuh, etc.. Sorry if I made too many to name foods. But there is one more very typical of Yogya, and this time instead of food: gig. Even though the amount was greatly reduced compared to 10 last year, the wagon is still easy to find in Yogya.
Delman himself not only a vehicle for ordinary people.Or the common people like me. Ngayogyakarta own palace also had a special wagon wagon-which should only be used by the family of the Sultan. Delman at the palace is not called the wagon, but Kareta. Kareta-Kareta are now stored in the Palace Museum Kareta Ngayogyakarta.
I think there may be typos Railway Museum to the Museum Kareta. But indeed his writing Kareta, not CART. Do not ask me why. I also do not know why.Kareta Museum located not far from the palace. The distance is about 150 meters to the left of the palace.
This visit was my third visit to the Museum Kareta. The first was when I was in grade school, both in junior high, and the third time time when my history teacher named Mr. Shobirin. The third visit took place on April 23, 2011. Before entering the museum, I bought a ticket for Rp 3,000, - and a sign permit photographing at Rp 1.000, -.
Once inside I was immediately accompanied by a guide. All the guide at the Museum Kareta a palace courtiers. Even the guide who accompanied me admitted that he had served for 32 years, even though their salary is only Rp 2,500, - per month. Believe it or not believe, did the courtiers have a very high fidelity to the Sultan. According to my guide, which is important for the courtiers are not nominal wages they receive, but their lifelong devotion to the Sultan.
In addition to the Museum Kareta existing horse stables. Formerly the stables there are plenty of horses to pull the train, but now lives one horse left. I forgot to ask where the other horses. Another horse might have uzhur and already buried. If it turns out wrong, I apologize to the Palace because I make their own analysis.
Kareta Museum is actually a garage for trains palace.There are 23 trains that have different functions. There is a train for the son of the Sultan, for the inauguration of the train, the train of war, etc.. Since it is impossible to tell everything at once, I chose one train only, which is Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad. And I just realized, Mr. Shobirin does indeed allow us to tell one artifact alone.
Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad is the oldest railway in the Museum Kareta. The train is a relic of Sultan Hamengkubuwono I. Actually Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad made in Holland in 1750. But who gave it to the Sultanate of Yogyakarta, just Spanish. At that time Spain had trade relations with the palace.
First Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad used as a means of everyday transportation Sultan Hamengkubuwono I - III. Besides the inauguration of Sultan Hamengkubuwono I - V also use this train. So you can imagine how old and the importance of trains on this one.
Horses are used to attract Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad numbered eight. His horses are also not just any horse, but must be a white horse. Used to maintain the palace's white horses in the stables, but now it does not exist. Therefore if you want to use Kareta Kanjeng Palace Nyai Jimad, they would borrow a horse from Bandung Cavalry. The horses were going through such a selection or audition before you selected. Eight best horse was the one who will have the honor of interesting Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad.
When I was in grade school, not everyone can take pictures Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad with the camera.Not because it is prohibited by courtiers, but almost in all train images is not visible. So if 10 years ago you tried to take pictures Kareta Kanjeng Jimad Nyai, you might just get a black picture.
Incidentally my mother used to take pictures of trains sacred. Come to think of my mother's great, too. But already since 2 years ago, the palace held a ritual to invoke the so Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad can be photographed. So I can attach a photo of me with the train for this one task.
Even so, there is still a part of the train that can not be photographed clearly. For example ornaments of women in the front of the train. If you look at my photo there is the gray in the women's ornaments. Though all the original parts are made of wood and there is no gray. Even though it did change the camera, it still was not gone gray.
Actually garnish her own meaning. Giyanti Agreement, includes the territory of the Kingdom Ngayogyakarta Forest in the village banyan Pachetokan. We will open the Banyan Forest, Sultan Hamengkubuwono I request permission in advance at the forest's guardian. My guide called the watchman to call "him".
"He" made the Banyan Forest allow capital city of Yogyakarta, the terms "he" diperistri and accompanies the family palace is down termurun. I myself do not understand what it means to marry "him". Finally on the front of Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad ornate woman is a symbol of "his". Female ornaments are always given ronce interest because "he" liked ronce flowers.
Decoration found on Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad not only the decoration of women. On the train if there is a note-shaped ornaments crown. The meanings of these ornaments are Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad reserved for the Sultan of Yogyakarta and should only be worn by the Sultan. Even the crown prince was not allowed to ride because before he became Emperor, the crown prince has its own train.
Then in the front were decorated dragon. Again, this dragon decoration is a symbol of "his". According to my guide, "he" can be tangible things, including dragons. By putting the dragon decoration in front, it means that the Sultan when using Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad protected by a dragon.
Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad is one of the sacred carriage. Because it lay people, including visitors to the museum should not be carelessly touch. To prevent this, the trains around the sacred given the rope. But still there are people who idly breaking the barrier. Often there are parents who ignore the barrier and sent her son to sit on the steps of a train or train to be photographed touching.
What happened to the children? Based on the testimony of the guide, the children would be a seizure, then fell screaming. I'm not lying, my guide say so myself. Seizures were only stopped when the courtiers say the prayers. So if you pay a visit to the Museum Kareta, I suggest you actually follow the rules. Do not feel challenged to break the rules. If only the seizure is still a profit, but if the stakes are life, I prefer to obey the rules. Just this once.
On the inside Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad only available seating for two people. One seat is certain to Sultan Hamengkubuwono. Then place the other one for whom? For the Sultan's wife? Or for the crown prince? Apparently not for both, more precisely that seat is not reserved for humans. Yes, I reiterate once again, not for men. But for "him".
As I mentioned again, "he" requested that the family could accompany the Sultan is down termurun. This is one of the form mentoring "him". Yet, in Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad, Sultan should not be accompanied by a man even his wife.
Then who is driving the wagon? Is not there a control?Or "he" is also a controlling cart? Not such an extreme as well. Although Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad train arguably the most sacred, it still requires the train driver. Seating is outside the train driver, on the front.
Like a car or motorcycle tires, tires Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad consists of tires and tire out. Inner tube is made of teak, while the outer tire is made of iron. The material used does have the best quality. Even a train made from buffalo skin.
As the trains are sacred, Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad always given offerings. The offerings consist of flowers, plantain, and drinks. There are separate rules in the presentation of the drink. When Friday Kliwon, beverages should be numbered seven. Meanwhile on Tuesday Kliwon, the offerings consist of nine types of beverages. Beverages served must also vary. There should not be the same two types of drinks.
Actually I tried to take pictures with my camera offerings. Yet somehow that appears on the camera screen just black. When I tried a second time, still, I just got a black picture. So I Relax course offerings photograph it, even though I wanted to get a picture in front of the train offerings.
Special treatment for Kareta Kanjeng Nyai Jimad not only in terms of offerings. Each 1 Sura according to the Javanese calendar, the train is always dimadikan.Then on Friday night starting at 5 to 8, water used to bathe the subject of seizure train people. Generally people who are fighting over are the ones who still adhered to kejawen. They came from outside the palace and come from all religions.
Kareta Museum is a museum very interesting.Especially with a very strong cultural element, the attraction of the museum is increasing rapidly.Carriages on display are also not arbitrary. There's even a train made of real gold, as gold at the top of Monas. But it can not be denied even when I felt a little chill in the museum. Perhaps because our guide was repeatedly mentioned "he". When he told me that his courtiers often hear the sound of the trains there, to be honest I added goosebumps. Overall, Kareta Museum is a museum that I want to go again.